Same Day Service – Regular Rates 7 Days a Week, 7AM to 7PM – 24hr Emergency Service
When Should A Furnace Be Replaced?
When is it recommended a homeowner begin to investigate replacement of a furnace? When your furnace is still operating! You are in a better position to weigh your options and make a focused, informed decision when you are not in an emergency situation. If you wait too long you risk a heating failure, which always comes at the worst possible time. Holidays, weekends, extremely cold temperatures, a home full of guests, that always seems to be the time an older furnace will give out. Homeowners then find themselves in the uncomfortable position of hiring a company to install a furnace, just because that company could get to your home quickly. This quick decision leads to uneasy feelings and questions: Is this the best furnace for my home? Did they do everything correctly? Should I have looked at different options? Did I get what I paid for?
If your furnace is 15 years or older, it is time to talk to us. We will discuss options, prices, and process, everything you need to know to make an informed decision. We will even let you know if don’t need to be replacing your furnace!
Air Conditioning Installation
If you’re considering adding air conditioning to your home, or if your existing air conditioner needs to be retired, you have many options available to you as well as some homework to do, unless you currently have a service provider that you trust to do the project properly.
To start with, an assessment would need to be performed in the home to determine what size of unit is needed for the load requirements of your home, which requires measurement and verification of the size of the home and insulation values of the , materials used in construction, as well as a ductwork evaluation to determine the amount of airflow the system can actually deliver, then an installing HVAC contractor can make a decision regarding the size of the unit needed, and if any modifications to the system need to be performed to ensure proper operation.
A mistake would be to just assume that the existing unit you currently have is properly sized, especially if there have been energy saving improvements made to the home, or if say an addition is planned, etc. Once the size is known, there are many equipment efficiencies to choose from – there are units of high efficiency that can qualify for federal and utility rebates, these are also able to provide the most comfort to the home, as well as entry level units that would not qualify for any incentives.
Why Choose Horizon Services for your Furnace and/or A/C Installation?
Our friendly, professional, factory trained, industry certified, background checked technicians perform the highest quality furnace and A/C installations in the Denver Metro area. They effectively communicate with every customer from start to finish the entire process including product placement, venting, permitting or code compliant, service, maintenance or warranty issues.
The combination of their company logoed trucks, shoe covers and ID badges separate them from those “other companies” and better yet, you will receive an email from them the day before with a picture of both your technician and the truck that they will show up in. You will receive a call approximately thirty minutes prior to their arrival. They will also have breakfast, lunch and/or dinner with them so no two hour lunches or unnecessary, incredibly lengthy breaks. Since we are a referral based company it is our desire to exceed your expectations.
We offer the “Horizon High Five Exclusive Guarantee” with every install which includes a:
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
• No Surprise Price Guarantee
• Property Protection Guarantee
• No Lemon Guarantee
• Performance Guarantee
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long does the average installation take? That can vary depending upon the scope of work. The typical furnace install can take 4-10 hours. The average A/C install 4-8 hours. A complete furnace and A/C project will take 8-14 hours. It is our goal to complete each install in one day. Your personally assigned technicians will conduct a thorough walk through upon arrival and will give you updates on their progress throughout the day. They are there for one job and one job only…YOURS!! They won’t take any additional service calls while performing your work. There are NO shortcuts or labor compromises on the quality installation you deserve.
- How much will it cost? That cannot be accurately answered until a whole house load calculation, a thorough investigation of the required equipment (sizing, code compliant components, electrical parameters, location, etc.). There is an incredibly broad range of pricing. We assure you our pricing is competitive and every customer will be given multiple options that will satisfy any budget.
- What are your payment terms or can you bill me for your work? We require 50% down to order equipment and initiate our installation processes. The remaining balance is due upon completion. We do not set up any charge accounts or utilize any Net 30, 60, 90 or similar arrangements. We accept all major credit cards (except American Express), personal checks or cash. We do offer attractive special financing options with approved credit through Wells Fargo. See below.
- How long have you been in business? Since 1998. We are proud of our A+ BBB rating and have thousands of satisfied customers-just like you will…we call it the Horizon experience and have an intense desire to exceed your expectations.
- Do you have to get a building permit? Most definitely. As a homeowner, we respect your concerns for local laws and ordinances. Any major home improvement project requires paperwork be filed with the proper authorities prior to starting any project. Therefore, those improvements are duly noted in a public file confirming the additional value of those improvements. Our work shall be inspected by an electrical and mechanical inspector. We guarantee our work will pass such efforts or we will absorb any additional costs (parts and labor) associated with an approved inspection.
- Are your technicians NATE certified? Yes. This is one important aspect that also separates us from the “other guys”. As a matter of fact, a NATE certification is required to receive any of the local, state and Federal tax credits or utility rebates.
- Do you service or repair all major brands? Yes. Our technicians are fully trained on the operating parameters of all brands of equipment. They will also give you a full report of their diagnosis with a variety of options to satisfy any budget.
- Does your product include a warranty? Yes. It varies from 5-10 years depending on the equipment purchased. Most importantly, we include a 10 Year “Can’t Write a Check Warranty” that protects you from any labor costs associated with any warranted parts. Regular maintenance required. Ask your Comfort Consultant or technician for more details.
- Do you offer a service agreement? Yes. It is a comprehensive monthly plan that would include your furnace, A/C and swamp cooler, when applicable. It includes a generous discount on all non-warranted parts and eliminates the $98 service call fee for as long as you are a member.
- Do you carry insurance? Yes, we are fully insured. You are fully protected in the event of an unfortunate accident or injury. We would be happy to prove our coverage.
- Do I need to stay home throughout the installation? That is entirely up to you. We hope that the primary contact person is home during the pre-install walk through and then you are free to do whatever you desire. It is important that we keep you updated on the progress we make throughout the day. Of course, at the conclusion of the job we will perform a post installation checklist to confirm we have accomplished your goals and exceeded your expectations.
- Do you have any references I can call? We are proud of our successful record and have over 150 quality referrals for you to call and discuss the overall quality of that “Horizon experience”.
- Do you hire any subcontractors for our HVAC project? Yes. The only one we use is our electrical contractor. Colorado state law mandates when installing high efficiency equipment and reconnecting electrical circuits using 24 volt wires it requires a master electrician. Rest assured, as our electrical subcontractors are subjected to the same rigorous background checks as our technicians.
- Do you offer financing? Yes, we have an attractive promotional financing available with approved credit.
- Can you help me with all the confusion surrounding the Xcel rebates, Federal tax credits and related incentives?Yes, our staff is fully trained and certified to assist you with all the proper paperwork and will send it to the proper agencies for their approval. The Xcel rebates range from $250-$1,000 on A/C and $120 for any new 95% efficiency furnace. Federal tax credits range from $150-$300 on high efficiency HVAC equipment installed during the 2011 Tax Year. There are excellent rebates from TRANE on qualifying equipment. Ask your Comfort Consultant for more details.
- Once I/we choose Horizon Services to do my install…how long until my unit(s) are installed? Generally within 24-72 hours. Keep in mind we are open 7 days a week for any of your service, repair or installation needs…at NO EXTRA COST on weekends…and there are NEVER any overtime charges on new installations.
Should you have any additional questions, suggestions or concerns feel free to contact us anytime at 720-519-0953. You will always talk to a live representative of Horizon Services and never, ever get voicemail.
We thank you in advance for choosing Horizon Services!