Air duct and dryer vent cleaning services can help you prevent fire hazards, keep your home free of allergens, and provide peace of mind to homeowners. When was the last time you had your ductwork checked, or cleaned out the hosing that funnels hot dryer air and lint particles away from the home? Both need regular inspections to prevent buildup.
At Horizon Services, your go-to same day Denver duct cleaning company, you can count on round the clock emergency care and thorough inspections/cleaning at reasonable rates. We believe in caring for our customers’ homes as if they were our own. Keep your ducts free of bacteria, dust, and allergen buildup, as well as dingy or musty odors. Keep sensitive respiratory systems healthy, and help your HVAC system run more efficiently with our comprehensive services. Come to the company you trust for quality, efficiency, and affordability.
Check out our Q&A section below for more must-know details on dryer vent and air duct cleaning.
WHY SHOULD I CLEAN MY AIR DUCTS?
- Health threatening organisms including bacteria, mold, fungi and mildew can live and breed in your air duct system. Indoor air pollution is ranked in the top five health risks by the EPA. One major source of indoor air pollution is dirty air ducts.
- Imagine having a room in your home that you never enter so it is never vacuumed or dusted. Well, your air ducts are just that and every time you turn on your heating or cooling system, that dust is stirred up and blown into the rest of your home.
- Many people suffer from allergies. Reducing the particulate debris helps to reduce dust particles and potential allergens in the air. These allergens include dust mite waste which many people are allergic to. Reducing debris in your ducts helps to reduce their food source.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I CLEAN MY AIR DUCTS?
Ultimately, the decision to clean air ducts comes down to a homeowner’s own judgment. “Get a screwdriver, open up the register and look in there yourself,” Schulte says. “Most can make up their mind at that point.” (Angie’s List)
What Factors Make My Home More Likely to Need Regular Duct Cleanings?
Duct cleaning companies specialize in removing particulates deep within air ducts, whenever necessary. If you feel like you need duct cleaning once a year or once every 5 years, the maintenance task can only improve your home’s overall cleanliness.
These factors may make you want to consider heating duct cleaning more often than the average homeowner:
- Animals – Pet dander and pest infestations can both clog up your air ducts with unwanted debris, germs, and allergens. Consider having your ducts inspected if you have a shedding pet or you’ve recently had a mice or other animal infestation.
- Renovation – Air ducts should always be sealed to prevent dust and debris from construction work from lodging within the heating and air system. If they haven’t been effectively sealed off, get a heating and air specialist to come by for an inspection. If you’ve recently had lead paint removal or asbestos abatement in an older home, leaving the particulates in your ductwork can mean trouble for your family’s health.
- Dust problems – If you feel like you’re constantly dusting off surfaces in your home, the problem may be in your ductwork. Circulating air through dusty ducts lets dust settle throughout the home, making every day cleaning chores more difficult. Call Horizon Services for an inspection and see if dirty air ducts are to blame for the dust problems.
- Mold – When you open up your air ducts, contact your HVAC provider as soon as possible if you see visible mold. Mold in the ducts and system can affect even non-allergy sensitive individuals and needs to be addressed quickly.
BEWARE OF THE SCAMS
A special report conducted undercover to reveal the ways consumers get taken advantage of by unscrupulous companies who use false and misleading claims to overcharge for air duct cleaning.
Dateline “Low Priced” Air Duct Cleaning Scam Part 2
Some companies want you to think they’ll do a proper air duct cleaning on your home for low prices like $49-$99. Here’s the second part of a recent report on an undercover investigation on “low price” air duct cleaning scams that Dateline NBC did with NADCA (the National Air Duct Cleaning Association). “If it’s too good to be true, it probably is.”
WHAT ABOUT MY DRYER VENT?
A dirty dryer vent can cause your dryer to work less efficiently. Having the vent cleaned may help shorten the run time and reduce the wear and tear on your dryer, which can help lengthen the life of your dryer and reduce the need for repairs.
Can I Clean Out My Dryer Vent on My Own?
While you can clean out your own dryer vents, you may not be equipped to reach as far into your appliance or the ventilation pipes as needed to clear out existing debris. Heating and air companies have the experience and toolset needed to completely clean out your ventilation pipes and decrease the risk of clogging in the future.
NBC Today show Dryer Fire Prevention
According to Today Show: Do not use a plastic dryer vent flex connector, and have vent cleaned once a year.
- Dryer vent connector that connects your dryer to the vent tubing. Check yours out! Is it plastic or metal? Don’t be fooled by the metallic shinny plastic. Many homes are equipped with a plastic flex connector, but it is highly recommended that you replace these with metal flex connectors.
- Great Lakes Home Performance
Plastic flexible dryer vent connector
Ridged metal dryer vent connector